May It Be


Ah! November... its funny how a year can sit still and quiet upon a rock, sunbathing and at the strangest of times, take flight like a seabird. Yes, my mind is already at the seaside as I sit day dreaming at my desk, the open textbook beyond my vision, waiting patiently for my attention.


My final Matric exams are underway, and I can only wonder through them, lost at sea until the day comes when I spot an island of comfort. It is a strange feeling though, this leaving business. One I cannot fully comprehend or yet come to any direct terms. I feel the excitement, splendor, jubilation of the first toddling steps of my future and career beginning, and yet, left on the shores of childhood so many friends and family that watch me take off with... how did Shakespeare put it? "drowning an eye, unused to flow."


But change is an inevitable factor within the lives of individuals. Some for the worse, others for the better, but I plan on making the most of my ever changing livelihood, ans as for so far the changes have brought me all the more joy, and I plan to keep it that way. For now I must sit though, in the dusty exam room, watching the hours tick by, the low scribble of light pens dancing frantically on their pages, filling out inevitable futures that I can wonder further, deeper perhaps than my minds knowledge and find wisdom there?


May it be an evening star shines down upon your papers, fellow matrics,

and May it be you journey on into your futures, to light the day!


Have a smashing matric rage! ;P


~Eden~